Tuesday 23 February 2016

Aldi Soupreme Kitchen Creations Broccoli & Stilton Soup






65p for a standard 400g can.  This is nice. All natural ingredients, and a good balance between cheese and broccoli to produce a flavoursome, fresh tasting and satisfying soup. This is not a budget own brand soup - at 65p it is more expensive than Tesco (45p), Sainsbury's (50p)  and is the same as Asda. It is cheaper than Heinz, Baxters and Crosse & Blackwell, which are generally over a £1, but they can sometime be bought on offers at the same or less than Aldi's price.

The more I am looking closely at Aldi's range, the more I am thinking that I am quite happy to shop at the bigger supermarkets, especially Tesco and Asda, which offer a greater range of choice, and overall work out cheaper. I particularly like shopping at Tesco using the loyalty card system, where I scan the products as I shop, and pack them into bags straight away in my trolley so there's no waiting at the checkout, and after paying I simply go straight to the car. The checkout system at Aldi is awkward and slightly stressful because the staff go through very quickly, and there's no space to pack, so if you're not quick you have to simply put everything back into the trolley and move to a shelf where you pack. This favours the company, but does not favour the customer. And I dislike that. It doesn't make me feel good.

I also like the extra discounts I get from the loyalty cards, and the cheap petrol avaialble at the big supermarkets.

At this stage I am wondering what exactly Aldi have got that makes people shop there on a regular basis.

Score: 6

No comments:

Post a Comment